Versatile New & Used Heat Sealing Equipment
We at MarkPeri utilize our plastic sealing experience to deliver the best technology for your sealing needs. We have built many different pieces of equipment to handle applications: large and small.
You can also trust our decades of expertise to help you choose the best heat sealing machine for your needs and budget. In addition to brand-new and custom-designed heat sealing machines, we also offer top-quality used RF sealing equipment for sale. Used radio frequency RF sealing equipment can deliver superior sealing results at a lower cost than new machinery, making it a viable alternative for any company looking for ways to minimize their equipment costs.
MarkPeri offers a wide range of options for sealing machines to meet your diverse requirements, including radio frequency selaers. We’ll help assess your needs based on the type of product being produced, quantity of units and operating budget to identify the most effective solution. We carry a broad selection of standard sealing machines and can also custom design equipment for your specific application and work environment. Give us a call to help you solve your plastic sealing needs.
Heat Sealing: The Basics
Heat sealing is a fabrication process that enables you to weld two or more pieces of sheet plastic together in an overlapping manner. The heat sealing machines used to execute the process resemble large presses. However, instead of a punching die, the heat sealing machine uses a special heat sealing die. The heat sealing die setup consists of a lower flat platen that holds the material to be heat sealed, with the die being located above the platen. The heat sealing die contains several bars, typically made of brass, which are formed in the desired seal shape, such as straight or circular.
During the heat sealing process, the heat sealing die is lowered to the platen that holds the material. The die is then energized via the application of heat. The combination of heat and the downward pressure of the die create a seal in the desired shape. Upon completion of the seal, which generally takes a few seconds, the die is raised to its original position and the sealed material can be removed from the heat sealing machine.
Heat Sealing Machine Variations
Heat sealing machines are available in various configurations that enable you to customize the process. Examples include:
- Turntables: Heat sealing machines equipped with turntables enable the use of several operators for placing and removing the materials. The turntables contain several dies with multiple chambers to hold individual materials for sealing. Operators continuously pack the materials as the machine rotates between seal cycles, providing a nonstop, high-efficiency sealing system.
- Multiseal: Some heat sealing machines allow for a multistep sealing process in which items move from one sealing station to another. These devices facilitate manufacturing by eliminating entire steps in the process and the need for multiple pieces of equipment. Machines like our 3KRF shuttle can streamline your operation with double-cycle and multicycle capabilities.
Radio Frequency Heat Sealing
RF heat sealing is a heat sealing technique that uses radio frequency waves to generate the energy to heat the plastic sheets and form the seal (along with the pressure from the die). Instead of melting the plastic together, standard radio frequency sealing machines create a weld by molecular action.
The RF waves energize the polar molecules that are in certain types of plastic, which serves the function of heating the plastic and forming the weld. Just as when heating food in a microwave oven (which also heats via molecular action), RF heating sealing can weld plastic sheets together more quickly than conventional heat sealing. The welded product also cools more quickly upon removal from the machine.
Radio frequency heat sealer equipment also includes a buffer that is placed underneath the material. The buffer prevents the RF waves from penetrating the plastic as it becomes thinner during heating. It also ensures the proper balance between sticking and releasing, provides a soft landing spot for the sealing die and cushions the plastic.
Heat Sealing Applications
MarkPeri offers an extensive range of new and remanufactured heat sealing equipment that can handle multiple applications across a range of industries. We have everything you need to maximize your operation’s efficiency. Our RF systems can handle all your industrial sealing requirements, from heat sealing and welding to preheating and laminating and more.
Our high-frequency, solid-state equipment offers many benefits over traditional equipment models, including increased seam strength, higher precision, enhanced tooling efficiency, reduced arcing and decreased maintenance costs.
Several examples of the industries we serve are:
- Medical: Our heat sealing equipment eliminates the use of toxic solvents and burning associated with many forms of conventional sealing. Items that commonly use RF heat sealing during manufacturing include medical inflatables, blood bags, medical support cushions, cuffs, water mattresses and more.
- Military: The team at MarkPeri has many decades of experience developing heat-sealing solutions for military applications, primarily for the United States Navy. Some military products that utilize our technologies include rafts, lift bags, life jackets and waterproof tarps.
- Automotive: Because radio frequency equipment produces stronger, longer-lasting seals than traditional processes, it’s often the preferred manufacturing method in the automotive industry. Auto parts that benefit from RF manufacturing technology include airbags, convertible tops, door panels, sun visors and floor mats.
- Sports and recreation: We manufacture and sell various models of heat sealing equipment ideal for sports and recreation applications. Our machines create sturdy, long-lasting seals for urethane and vinyl when manufacturing tents, inflatable products, rafts, life jackets and pool liners.
- Pharmaceutical: MarkPeri heat sealing equipment is ideal for pharmaceutical applications that require the highest levels of safety, quality and sanitation. Because of these strict requirements, manufacturers must avoid sealing methods using chemicals and toxic byproducts. Whether you’re manufacturing pharmaceutical products for display, storage or handling, we have the right equipment for your operation.
- Packaging: Our RF heat-sealing equipment is perfect for many applications within the packaging industry. Our heat sealers are efficient and dependable options for creating the highest quality seals for protecting goods during handling and transport. Examples include corner protectors, dust covers, heavy-duty plastic wraps and foam inserts.
Contact MarkPeri Today
For over four decades, MarkPeri has provided superior heat sealing and welding solutions to companies across a wide range of industries. Our extensive knowledge and experience allow us to develop the most optimal RF systems to meet your manufacturing challenges. We aim to deliver the highest service levels to all our customers, regardless of your businsess type or size.
Contact us today to learn more about our products and how they can help benefit your specific operation.